As winter nears its half-way point, we’ve already seen energy prices quickly climb to their highest level in two years and subsequently retreat just as quickly. Volatility may not be as dramatic as a few years ago, but there’s plenty of winter left to go. Here’s a snapshot of the state of the market:
- Natural gas in storage is now at a deficit compared to previous years, even after entering the winter at an all-time high.
- Wild and unpredictable winter weather continues to affect energy prices.
- Heavy precipitation out West has put a large dent in the multi-year drought.
- Demand for distributed energy resources continues to grow as companies look to meet their renewables targets.
One or more of these topics could affect your procurement strategy over the next few months, so you’re invited to learn more about what actions to take next. Join me, Jonathan Lee, and Ian Bowman, Product Management Director, for an overview and discussion of these issues as well as foreseeable energy trends during 2017.
Thursday, February 2, 2017
11:00 am PST / 2:00 pm EST
After this webinar, you will have:
- A better understanding of the state of the DER/renewables market
- Insight into energy price movement as the market re-balances through winter
- Understanding of market drivers and potential market risks
This session will be followed by a live Q&A so be sure to bring your questions. Click here to complete your registration. We hope you will join us!