WE RESPECT YOUR PRIVACY
Ecova, Inc. (“Company”, “Us”, or “We”) respects your privacy and is committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy.
This policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit the website www.ecova.com (our “Website”) and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting and disclosing that information. For additional information for users originating outside of the United States, please visit this page.
This policy applies to information we collect:
- On this Website.
- In e-mail, text or other electronic messages between you and Us.
- When you subscribe to one of our communications.
- When you attend a webinar or an event hosted or sponsored by Us.
- We may also collect information about you from third party sources, such as other organizations where you might receive information about Us.
- Through social media.
It does not apply to information collected by:
- Us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by Company, its affiliates and subsidiaries or through any of the services that we provide.
- Any third party, including through any application, content or advertising that may link to or be accessible from or on the Website.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU AND AND HOW WE COLLECT IT
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Website, including information:
- By which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number (“Personal Information”).
- About your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website and
- Any information submitted by you.
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Automatically as you navigate through the site. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses and information collected through cookies, web beacons and other tracking technologies.
INFORMATION YOU PROVIDE TO US
Information we collect on or through our Website may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website. This includes information provided at the time of subscribing to our newsletters, webinars or email notifications or when requesting further information or services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our Website.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including e-mail addresses), if you contact us.
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
- Your search queries on the Website.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT THROUGH AUTOMATIC DATA COLLECTION TECHNOLOGIES
As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Website, including traffic data, location data, logs and other communication data and the resources that you access to use on the Website.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system and browser type.
We also may use these technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or other online services (behavioral tracking).
This information we collect automatically is statistical data and may include Personal Information, or we may maintain it or associate it with Personal Information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. This helps us to improve our Website, and to deliver a better and more personalized service, by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to our Website.
Technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Website may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from and on our Website. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies.
- Web Beacons. Pages of our Website and our e-mails from Ecova may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs. pixel tags and single-pixel gifs) that permit Us, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an e-mail and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
Audio and video recordings, podcasts, and webcasts are available through third-party services. During your access and subject to your consent, these third-parties may set cookies on your hard drive to help us identify the most popular content. By continuing to browse on this site, you agree and consent to the use of third-party cookies on our site. You can revoke this consent at any time.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We use your information:
- To present our Website and its contents to you.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us.
- To notify you about changes to our Website or any other products or services we offer or provide through it.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on our Website.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- To process your job application if you choose apply for a position with us.
- For statistical purposes and to monitor website usage to help us improve our website and our services.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates, some of whom may be located in a country other than yours where privacy protection may be different than those in your home country.
- To contractors, service providers and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep Personal Information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of Ecova’s assets.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your Personal Information:
- To comply with any court order, law or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate, to protect the rights, property, or safety of Ecova, our customers or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards in connection with the collection, storage and disclosure of Personal Information along with measures designed to secure your Personal Information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration and disclosure.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We urge you to be careful about giving out information in public areas of the Website like message boards. The information you share in public areas may be viewed by any user of the Website.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee the security of your Personal Information transmitted to our Website. Any transmission of Personal Information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.
CHILDREN UNDER THE AGE OF 13
Our Website is not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any information, personal or otherwise, to or on the Website. We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under the age of 13. If we learn we have collected or received Personal Information from a child under 13 without verification or parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe you might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at email@example.com.
YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
California Civil Code Section 1798.83, known as the “Shine The Light” law, permits our customers who are California residents to request and obtain from us a list of what Personal Information (if any) we disclosed to third parties for direct marketing purposes in the preceding calendar year and the names and addresses of those third parties. Requests may be made only once a year and are free of charge.
We do not use a browser’s “do not track” signals, so if your browser is sending these, we do not interact with them in any way.
Last Updated 3/21/2016
Users outside of the United States, visit this page.